Friday, April 22, 2016

Pedicure Experience

My feet were in desperate need of some TLC since my last pedicure in New Orleans a few weeks before I moved. Mom goes to a place in Staunton so on Saturday afternoon we drove up, picked out our colors and selected a pedicure from the menu. This was the first time I had been given so many elaborate options so I asked which one would be best for rough heels? I was told that the cucumber treatment would work well and from there I began the strangest pedicure experience of my life...

A white, mayonnaise looking cream was smeared on my calves then thin slices of cucumber were plastered on top as my feet soaked in the swirling blue water. After the lady trimmed and buffed my toe nails she gathered the cucumber up into a ball and squeezed the juices over my legs as she rubbed it in.
Next came the exfoliation. First a golden yellow scrub was applied, followed by a green scrub that was worked even further into my skin with the aid of lime halves that the lady squeezed as she massaged my muscles. 
The leftover cucumber and lime slices post massage.
After the edible portion of the pedicure, and once the technician had cheese grated and sanded the hell out of my heels, each foot was placed in a plastic bag filled with an orangey red hot paraffin wax then my legs were wrapped in warm wet towels. 
Once the wax had set my feet were removed from the bags and more mayonnaise looking cream accompanied by purple oil were lathered onto my legs. Finally the painting occurred and after nearly two hours in the chair I was left with legs and feet as smooth as a baby's bottom and toes freshly lacquered with a bright orange/red polish!

It was definitely the most unique beauty treatment I have received and it inspired me to come up with cocktail themed pedicures in my mind...perhaps a future business plan! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment