Thursday, May 19, 2016

Lost

Six weeks + 121 episodes + over 90 hours of footage = 1 lady with lots of unanswered questions! 

I never got into Lost when it originally aired from 2004-2010 but I vaguely remember there being a controversial ending to the hit show. After watching, and remaining in a slight state of confusion the entire time, I still don't know how I feel about the overall arc of the story. Perhaps watching in real time would have helped me forget some of the details that the writers decided to leave dangling but my mind struggled to connect all of the twists and turns of the adventures on and off of "the island". Flash backs, flash forwards, and hell, even "flash sideways" had my brain racing to keep up with where I thought the story was going. Is this one character's dream? Is this from the perspective of someone writing a book/TV show? Is this supposed to be hell/the afterlife? Is this an experiment of sorts? 

In the end I still felt a bit *lost* so I googled a few articles about how the show ended. This article did a decent enough job of explaining things, however, my personality is one that requires answers and logic and explanations and closure... none of which were achieved to my satisfaction!

I did find this YouTube video that simplifies things to just the basic storyline. This is the most I think I will ever comprehend the show; my inquisitive nature will have to be appeased by what answers are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment